I think one of the most difficult things in changing the way you eat is doing so in ‘odd’ places when you are away from home. I am VERY able to eat a lot of rubbish unless I am very well prepared. Some of my safety foods are:
- Hardboiled eggs – comes in their own packaging… just don’t forget one at the bottom of your handbag…
- Smoothies – again tread carefully I forgot to put the lid on mine one day in my very nice handbag which had lots of nice little dark holes where smoothie can hide…
- Nuts, seeds and raisins – I sometimes have those kids pack of raisins around for a sweet fix.
- Banana chips
- For fika (coffee and cake) on the go I always have things in the freezer such as Chocolate snack bites, Energy Bars and I always keep a Frozzypack lid in the freezer so they don’t turn into a mush before they are to be eaten.
- Small pieces of seed bread – you always get a lot of small bits at the bottom of the tin which aren’t good for much, a handful of these are a great snack though.