Spagetti bolognese or Spagetti Med Köttfärssås is such a standard dinner in so many households across the world. I don’t tend to eat gluten free pasta myself but I sometimes gives the kids Spelt Dinkel) pasta as a slightly better alternative. Today I used my new Spiralizer that makes pasta likes spirals out of vegetables. This time I used Courgette/Zucchini and post spiralizing I poured boiling water over them and let it sit for a 2 minutes before serving. If you don’t have a spiralizer you can soon order one here!
Otherwise for my version of bolognese I tend to be very un Italian, but it is a great way to get vegetables into kids!
- 500 grams of minced beef
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- half a courgette
- a large carrot
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 1/2dl of red wine if you have some open… we tend to…
- 1 tsp boullion powder
- salt and pepper (about 1/2 tsp each)
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- Optional – chopped capers or chopped black olives… I do this finely and the kids don’t know and love it!
- head the oil and while it does
- chop all the vegetables – finely if you have picky kids
- cook all the vegetables until the onion is see through
- add the mince and born this
- add the rest of the ingredients
- stir once in a while whilst it is bubbling away for minimum 20 min but much more if you have the time. A hour or 4 later it would be even more tasty albeit keen an eye on the liquid levels.
- Serve with spiralized vegetables, on top of an avocado or some broccoli – raw carrots tend to work with the kids!